Saturday, July 02, 2005

YMCA Swimming Lessons

You may be right Joe - about females at the yMca - but my lessons were actually at the yWca - no joke. We talking about 1950-51 here.

I took swimming lessons at a Y when a youth; my mother thought it important that every young man learn to swim so to the Y I was taken one summer (I was probably about 8 or 9).
I don't remember the reason at this point (whether the YMCA didn't have a pool in our city or whether there weren't enough kids to warrant TWO classes) but OUR classes were ALL taught at the YWCA building. I always thought it strange that I had to go to the WOMEN'S club to learn to swim; but that's the way it was.

I remember the first day when we were all told to strip and come into the pool. I vaguely remember a moment's hesitation that I would be naked; but when I saw everybody else (all guys about my age) shucking their duds, I did so too and went to the pool. The instructors
were mostly men but there were also some women (all clothed) and for some reason I didn't think anything about it.

I remember back in the third grade a teacher coming into the boy's bathroom one time (I was standing at a urinal) and everyone was surprised when she came in. I remember turning around and not being able to stop my flow of pee and peeing on the floor near her foot. She jumped back to keep from getting wet but I was a hero in school for a while. As I recall she did this quite often (maybe to quell the noise...altho I think her actual motives were to see young boys "parts" now that I think back on it).

Anyway, the whole naked Y experience was a very natural one, in large part because there were so many of us boys (maybe 20 or so) and nothing was said. Mothers or sisters were NOT allowed in with us, either when we disrobed or were swimming.

I DO remember when I finally passed one of the tests which was to swim the length of the pool, my instructor then was a girl (who looking back I would say was probably not 20 yet) who walked the length I was swimming, encouraging me the whole way.

When I emerged from the end she helped pull me out, congratulated me, and then told me what I had been dreading to hear, now to complete this test you must jump off the diving board. I was terrified at this because of the deep water. Even though I had been in the deep end swimming,

I was next to the edge of the pool and could reach out at any time and touch it. However, diving off meant I was 20 feet or so away from any edge and the thought terrified me. (Later it meant nothing to all of us...we jumped off the diving board for most of the rest of the classes once we passed our tests, penises flopping all over (those of us who had enough to flop), instructors watching everything. But right now I was scared. So I tried to make an excuse for why I should postpone this jump. I pretended to be too winded from my pool-length swim (that got no sympathy at all).

Then I said I had a cramp in my leg and needed to rest; whereupon the girl sat me down, pushed on my chest, laying me flat on my back at the side of the pool. She said, which leg was cramping. I said the right one, and she started massaging my upper leg muscles, limbering them up, trying to loosen the mythical cramp. (I'm sure she knew I was lying and stalling to keep from jumping, but in her wisdom she also knew it would be the best thing for me to do to get over my fear ...she was right of course). As she massaged my leg she would also shake it back and forth, up and down. Well needless to say my little penis started getting hard. I didn't know yet why it did that, I just knew that sometimes it did it. This was the first
time in the class since that first day that I actually realized I was naked (and in front of a girl to boot).

I don't remember what her reaction was, if any, just that she kept rubbing and shaking that leg and my little weenie started standing straight up like a little finger (that was about the size of it too). I finally started becoming a little undone by the experience and started to stand up. She said something like I hope that cramp's going away, and put her arm around my shoulder or maybe under my arms and "helped" me stand and then to walk to the deep end of the pool to the diving board; the whole way my little boner bouncing up and down with each step. I remember limping slightly to keep up the pretense that I really HAD had a cramp.

We finally made it to the diving board, I got up on the board, walked out to the end, and as I was looking down at the water my gaze immediately fell upon my erection. So I just jumped, probably as much to hide my erection as anything else. The minute I hit the water I furiously began paddling to the edge of the pool where she was squatting down, watching and waiting for me. I got to the edge
and she pulled me out (I still had the boner) and she said "See, that wasn't so bad." I realized that it wasn't, and that I could do it so everything was right with the world. She kinda hugged me (my penis pushed against her shirt..I remember that like it was yesterday) and said congratulations, you've passed your test and released me to go help somebody else.

I'll never forget the experience.

FROM: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cfnm_lifestyles_allages/

7 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good experience.
Well, I used to go to sauna in a 3 or 4* hotel while there was a swimming pool where school kids went for swim classes. We shared changing room and there was almost always a female teacher to supervise the kids. I didn't really care. I didn't mind a female cleaner there either.

 
At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took swim classes in 70's and we were issued blue nylon speedos. We were told there were no excuses and swim without them if you forget them. About half the kids did at one time or another. I never thought much of it, because same kids skinny dipped at lakes in mixed company.

 
At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, people unceasingly make comments when anything is predicted to come to pass in 2012, like “fairly that is if the world is still here.” You do realize that the Mayans suggest the faction will end on Dec. 21 (or 23rd)? So in all distinct possibility if anything is affluent to turn up in 2012 there is only the slimmest conceivability that the everybody hand down take ended before it happens.
[url=http://2012earth.net
]Light Beings
[/url] - some truth about 2012

 
At 1:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in fact delighted to read this blog posts which consists of lots of valuable data, thanks for providing these data.


Also visit my page :: www.drupal4nonprofit.ie

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having read this I thought it was rather enlightening. I appreciate you spending some time and energy to put this short article together.
I once again find myself personally spending a lot of time both reading and
leaving comments. But so what, it was still worth it!


Here is my page :: sport mp3 player

 
At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lived in upstate NY, went to HS in the early 80's, we always swam nude in swim class. I don't think it was that big of a deal, supposedly make you swim faster. We did in fact have a female swim instructor one semester, still no big deal. I wasn't on the swim team- so I can't speak to that. But, I played on the ice hockey team, the locker rooms at that time were co-ed. I can say, quite often the girl figure skaters would walk through while we were showering, cause there was only one locker room, bathroom, shower area etc. But, I don't remember it ever being a problem, the girls would sometimes even stand there while we were showering and talk to us. In retrospect, things have gotten very conservative and uptight over the years.

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We didn't swim nude at school, but in grade school up to age 11 we boys always had a female teacher supervising us in the showers before swimming lessons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home